Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Vanity Fair

I had flawless skin even with the growing belly, only until my 6th month in pregnancy that is. I didn't think I'd be one of those who'd face the stretchmarks problem. Then ugly tiny red lines started appearing, concentrating on the bottom part of my tummy. I heard quite a lot of rave stories on Palmer's cocoa butter lotion so I decided to try it out. Unfortunately, I developed allergic reactions to it, I ended up giving away the second unused jar I've purchased.

I had friends who suggested some oils but I was too lazy to religiously apply every after bath. I just let the stretchmarks be. (I also had a few on my lower butt cheek.) After giving birth, these lines became light brown. And now, 10 months into momhood, I noticed these lines have become white. Hopefully, they would match my skin tone soon, so I would only need to worry about the still-obvious stitch the next time I need to bear my tummy.

Having stretchmarks is a visible indication that my skin was, well, stretched. Therefore having flabby skin is the next issue to be resolved once the baby is out of my uterus. My masseuse introduced Clarins firming cream to me. It tones the skin; I don't know how it works, but it somehow managed to solve my skin's "droopiness". It better do the trick, because it doesn't come cheap (P2,800 for a jar available at Rustans).

Currently, I don't have much time fixing myself up. I'm happy with a shower and some face powder. Thank goodness I'm not super vain. But I would love to engage in some kikay activities once in a while.

0 comments: